вторник, 27 октября 2015 г.

Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - Chocolate Dessert Recipes

Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - Chocolate Dessert Recipes
Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - Chocolate Dessert Recipes

Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with rich chocolate ganache! Winning combo!

You get both vanilla and chocolate in one mouthwatering treat!Don’t let the name Boston Cream Pie fool you!!! This classic dessert is actually a vanilla cake filled with pastry cream and topped with silky chocolate ganache. Well, if it’s not a pie, then it could be pound cake, right?!


Boston Cream Pie was usually served as a round sponge or yellow butter cake. In the last few years, this delicious pie flavor became very popular in bite sized version, too. You’ve probably already seen so many recipes for Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes.


I thought, if it’s a cake and not a pie, and it could be in a cupcake form, then there’s no reason why I would not be able to make this traditional dessert in the shape of a pound cake!


Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with rich chocolate ganache! Winning combo!

I realize that I haven’t made a pound cake for a really long time. This time of a year, when holiday baking season starts, I get a lot of questions and comments about my two very popular recipes: Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache and Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake. While answering your comments, as soon as I see these old photos I start craving for a big, fat slice of mouthwatering pound cake.


As a food blogger, I usually don’t have enough space to make the same recipe twice because my fridge is overloaded with leftovers of dessert I made for the purpose of blogging. But sometimes I simply have to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth. After I began to desperately longing a pound cake, this Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake was born.


Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with rich chocolate ganache! Winning combo!

I didn’t want to choose between vanilla and chocolate, I wanted both. I knew that my pound cake must have a thick layer of chocolate ganache on top, and I mean really thick!!! There’s no such thing as too much chocolate topping, right?! But I wanted buttery, vanilla flavored cake as opposed to rich chocolate ganache.


I wanted to balance tastes and create a perfect match. Light, moist, tender buttery vanilla cake with perfect crumbly texture and rich and decadent, chocolate ganache. And not to forget the best thing about this Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake, it’s vanilla custard or pastry cream!


Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake - magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with rich chocolate ganache! Winning combo!

Magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with fudgy and rich chocolate ganache layer is winning combo. You get both vanilla and chocolate in one mouthwatering treat! You’ll satisfy almost every taste, and that’s why this Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake is great idea for Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert!


Original article and pictures take http://omgchocolatedesserts.com/boston-cream-pie-pound-cake/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий