вторник, 5 мая 2015 г.

2017 Colors of the Year

2017 Colors of the Year
2017 Colors of the Year

2017 Benjamin Moore Color of the Year

It’s that time of the year when all of us paint geeks get giddy in anticipation, waiting for all of the paint companies to release their official “Colors of the Year. The 2017 colors of the year have now all come out and I wanted to share them all with you and talk a little about how these colors are chosen. I also want to touch on what trend info we can gather from these colors. At the end of the post, I picked my own 2017 color!


Benjamin Moore is always the last to release their color of the year and they just released their 2017 color last week and it’s a deep raisin color called Shadow.


2017 Benjamin Moore Color of the Year

I knew that Benjamin Moore’s color pick would likely be a dark den-ish type color. I took a guess at it on my Facebook page before it came out and I predicted it would be a dark den-ish tobacco color. I was close but not quite at this deep and rich raisin color.


2017 Benjamin Moore Color of the Year is Shadow.

I love the color as an accent color. I can see it painted on the walls of a small powder room with brass accents.


I created an inspiration board for my dream master bathroom at a Delta Faucet event in Chicago on Tuesday and I incorporated a little lighter version of this color in my board as a very small accent color in the space (I’ll be sharing all the details next week on the awesome event).


2017 Color of the Year.

As you can see, this deep raisin color is stunning as an accent to green, black and even blue!


Sherwin Williams released their pick for Color of the Year back in late August and it’s a color called Poised Taupe SW 6038.


2017 Sherwin Williams Color of the Year. Poised Taupe

Again, notice the slight purple undertone.


2017 Sherwin Williams Color of the Year. Poised Taupe.

I did not see this color coming at all from Sherwin Williams. It’s an interesting choice.


Just to give a little background, paint companies choose their “Color of the Year” based on several factors including; forecasted paint color trends, real-time paint trends, global influences and even fashion influences. The Color of the Year is really more about undertone than the color itself. It’s kind of like Paris fashion week. What is shown on the runway in Paris is more about colors, lines and style, rather than what we would actually wear.


The paint companies are not forecasting that these Colors of the Year are the colors that we’ll be painting on our walls next year. They are saying that these colors and undertone will be influential. It’s also important to note from my observation that these color trend forecasts are at least 18 months ahead.


So, Glidden’s 2017 Color of the Year is Byzantine Blue. More purple!


Glidden's 2017 Color of the Year is Byzantine Blue

The 2017 Color of the Year for Olympic Paints and Stains is a color called Cloudberry. Again, purple undertone!


Olympic paint 2017 Color of the Year Cloudberry

PPG Voice of Color’s 2017 Color of the Year is Violet Verbena. Are you convinced yet that purple is going to be popular in the years to come?


PPG Voice of Color's 2017 Color of the Year is Violet Verbena

Very interesting picks this year! What do you think? Could you at least use any of these colors as an accent color?


I wanted to do something that I have never done before. I wanted to pick a “real-time” color of the year for 2017 that I think will be similar to some of the trending colors that we’ll actually be painting our walls in 2017.


My pick is Cool Breeze from Benjamin Moore. I picked this particular color because we’ll still be trending strong in the grays next year but moving even more into the slightly warmer green/blues. Even though this color is “Cool” Breeze, there is warmth in this color. I think this green/blue/gray combination and undertones will be the most popular trend we’ll see on walls for 2017. I have already seen the very slight shift this year from cooler grays into slightly warmer grays. What do you think?


Wall color is Benjamin Moore Cool Breeze.

Wall color is Benjamin Moore Cool Breeze

Benjamin Moore Cool Breeze.

I am so curious to hear your thoughts on all of these 2017 Color of the Year picks! Would you use any of the colors? If so, which one.


Thanks for stopping by today!


Cheers!


Cyndy


Original article and pictures take http://www.thecreativityexchange.com/2016/10/2017-colors-of-the-year.html site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий